5 Quick and Healthy Desert Ideas!
1. Strawberries dipped in Chocolate. – Perfect the balance of satisfying your sweet tooth while not completely ruining everything you’ve worked so hard for by dipping your strawberries (a superfood) into some semi-sweet melted chocolate.
2. Smoothie. – There are thousands of smoothie recipes out there that will cater to your every desire! You can’t beat a snack that’s both tasty and healthy…best of both worlds!
3. All Fruit Popsicles. – There’s no added sugar in these sweet treats! All you have to do is puree watermelon chunks and some lime juice, freeze, and enjoy. If it’s not watermelon season, try any other juicy fruit: Pears, peaches, or berries with a touch of apple juice for base. They will all make great pops.
4. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pretzels. – A little salty sweet combo can cure those sugary cravings. Microwave 1 square of dark chocolate and 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter until melted, and dip 1 large or 10 mini pretzel rods.
5. Trail Mix (with Dark Chocolate). – A small serving of a healthy mix of nuts like almonds and pistachios with a few nice chewy pieces of dried fruit (like cranberries or cherries) and some dark chocolate pieces makes a great snack mix with good nutritional value too.