Back and belly fat are usually the hardest areas to lose weight but those two “problem areas” can be totally eliminated. Below, we’ve listed some top ways to help you along the journey.
1. Eat Smarter – No-brainier right? Then why aren’t you doing it?! Choosing healthier foods and cooking up cleaner recipes are essential in your battle against back and belly bulge and healthy doesn’t mean nasty! Try this Blueberry Breakfast Bake recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 serving (scoop) vanilla protein powder (about 1 ounce; I used pea protein)
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk (can substitute regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grapes, pureed
- 1 cup uncooked pearled barley
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 7-by-11-inch baking dish (an 8-by-8 works too).
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the protein powder, soy milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and pureed grapes. Stir in the barley.
- Pour mixture into greased pan. Sprinkle blueberries on top, and mix gently to submerge some of the fruit.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for one hour or until the casserole is mostly set. Turn off the oven, and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate. In the morning, cut a square, microwave it on a plate, and enjoy alone or with a few dollops of Greek yogurt.
2. Cardio is Your Friend – If you’re serious about eliminating fat, then you MUST be serious about cardio and getting about 60 minutes in a day. Walking, jogging, swimming, cycling… anything that speeds up the heart-rate and causes you to perspire is burning fat
3. Back T-Raises – Using dumbbells stand in the position with bended knees and push your hips and butt back to where your back and torso are parallel to the ground. While keeping arms straight, bring the weights up to shoulder height and then slowly bring them back down. Start out doing 3 sets of 10-12 reps and when this becomes easy, increase the weight of your dumbbells.